Nix and DevOps consulting.
What is Nix?
Nix is a build system that is fundamentally different than other tools out
there. By installing each package into a unique prefix, it brings new
properties such as better build reproducibility and composition of software.
What is Nix good for?
Here are a few use-cases where Nix shines:
When building software products, it is quite common to depend on Open Source
dependencies to accelerate the development. Nix can help you manage
- License checks: make sure to only include software that conforms to the
- Shared binary caches: avoid having developers waste time to re-build the
exact same software by deploying an internal binary cache.
- Reproducible development environment: simplify onboarding and management of
dependencies between developer machines.
Due to the flexible nature of Nix, it is well adapted to the custom needs of
- Deploy Kubernetes or other container solutions on top of Nix.
- Get immutable and atomic updates with rollback capabilities.
- Simplified and declarative deployments.
Who have you worked with?
The Nix ecosystem has a rich ecosystem of passionate and talented
contributors that help maintain the build infrastructure and more than 30000
nix packages. We believe that commercial entities should help to nurture this
however we can.
- Help fund and organize the NixCon conference.
Send us an email and we will reply within the next business day.
- NumTide Ltd
- Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX
- Company registration number
- VAT ID